Hi,

On 13/07/2023 16:42, Jan-Marc Stranz wrote:
Is there a way and the corresponding rules to simplify the hypervisor configuration for the root cell?

I have a hypervisor configuration for the root cell with 99 entries for "MemRegion".
I am now trying to merge these regions together.

My idea is to free all areas - except the areas for the hypervisor, for ivshmem and the guest cells. However, this fails: when starting the hypervisor, the whole system "freezes".

freezes in terms of no responsiveness without a crash?

Are you sure that you did not make any mistakes while merging the regions? Did you decrease the number of memory regions in the declaration? Does jailhouse-config-check yell?

  Ralf

Then I tried to group only some areas with the same values for the ".flags" element. This is only partially successful and I can't really see a rule when areas can be grouped together or not.

How could we simplify the configuration for a root cell?

For our application we don't need the fine grained sharing of memory areas (security aspect). Couldn't we share the whole address range for the root cell - except the ranges for the hypervisor, for ivshmem and the guest cells?

Jan-Marc.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jailhouse" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jailhouse-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:jailhouse-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jailhouse-dev/d33e6a84-7a1d-4a28-85b0-62165fd20b56n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jailhouse-dev/d33e6a84-7a1d-4a28-85b0-62165fd20b56n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.