Funny I was just thinking about this today. What I wonder is if it
would help the project and the jakarta community as a whole to send a
weekly/biweekly email to the general list with a summary on current
proposals and the status of existing projects? This would allow people
deep into other projects to get a heads-up when something that interests
them is in the discussion/proposal stages.

David