I've moved this code and proposal into jakarta-commons-sandbox.

FYI, if you're trying to get your bearings, you might want to generate the
javadoc (run "ant doc") and take a look at the test cases
(dbcp/src/**/Test*.java) for some examples of use.

I've also added some simple examples of use to the doc directory.

As mentioned in the proposal, the status file, and in the
build.properties.sample, you'll need commons-collections.jar (generated by
"ant dist" from jakarta-commons-sandbox/collections) and commons-pool.jar
(generated by "ant dist" from jakarta-commons-sandbox/pool) to build this.