----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Cheesman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 3:39 PM
Subject: Documentation fix/suggestion

> Hi!
>
> I just downloaded cactus and have finally got it running, more or less...
>
> I noticed a couple of problems in the installation guide:
> 1. Having the reference to the cactus.properties file on a different page
> to the installation instructions seems a mistake - it certainly wasn't
> clear why I was getting ExceptionInInitializerError:
> java.util.MissingResourceException when I first tried to run it. Further
> investigation revealed the configuration instructions.

Ok, I'll make sure I clearly mention that the configuration page *must* be
read before using Cactus and I'll link to there.

=

=
>      &lt;servlet&gt;
>          &lt;servlet-name&gt;ServletRedirector&lt;/servlet-name&gt;

&lt;servlet-class&gt;cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector&lt;/servlet-class&g
t;

=

=
>      &lt;servlet&gt;
>          &lt;servlet-name&gt;ServletRedirector&lt;/servlet-name&gt;

&lt;servlet-class&gt;org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector&lt;/serv
let-class&gt;
>          &lt;init-param&gt;
>            &lt;param-name&gt;param1&lt;/param-name&gt;
>            &lt;param-value&gt;value1 used for testing&lt;/param-value&gt;
>          &lt;/init-param&gt;
>      &lt;/servlet&gt;

Fixed. Thanks

> (I'm not sure if this is the approved way to log a bug/fix: if not, let me
> know...)
> Anyway, back to playing with it/investigating.

It is fine. Thanks a lot for your support.

> Best wishes,
> Jim Cheesman

Vincent Massol.