----- Original Message -----
From: "Ioan Mitrea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 5:03 PM
Subject: StopServerTask ?

> Hi,
>
> First, I would like to say I'm excited to see the former J2eeUnit part
> of Jakarta.
> I haven't used it yet but i'm planning to.
>
> I have a question about the StopServerTask.
> I remember seeing a message from Vincent on an ant mailing list a while
> ago saying
> that he wasn't able to stop the server from ant and I wanted to know
> what was the status on that.
>

> Does anyone else have ideas about how to stop a running server ?
>
> thanks, Ioan

It is working fine now ! Give a try to the version 1.0b1 of Cactus ... Try
the sample application, it contains ant build scripts that start a servlet
engine, run the tests and stop the running servlet engine. The sample
actually shows how to do this for the following servers : Tomcat 3.2, Tomcat
4.0, Orion 1.4, WebLogic 5.1, Resin 1.2 and Resin 1.3.

Thanks for your interest in Cactus.
Vincent Massol