Hello, Everybody,

Nice to meet you all.

You can check out the current version of JPath,
including source code, on my website
(www.plotnix.com/jxpath).  I am almost done recasting
it to the Apache project structure.

Just so you know where I come from - this is not my
first software project.  I have been writing software
for over 15 years. I have been working with Java and
XML for the last four years as Chief Architect and
then CTO of Inline Software (aka JFX Software).
Currently I am consulting for a financial institution,
participating in a Struts-based project, - and have
some time left to contribute to the Apache project.

I am very excited about joining you.

- Dmitri Plotnikov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Peter Donald wrote:

  At 01:18  4/5/01 +0100, James Strachan wrote:
  >If noone has any objections, I'm going to add
Dmitri's work (once he's moved
  >it over to the Apache licence etc) to the
jakarta-commons-sandbox either
  >over the weekend or early next week so I can start
using it.

  +1
  Question: How stable is it - would it be worthy of
going straight to
  jakarta-commons proper???

  >The aim being to have a JavaBean expression
language for use in JSP and JSP
  >tag libraries using XPath syntax which can be
shared across Jakarta
  >projects.

  *cough* and other things ... ;)

  >I'd also like to call a vote to add Dmitri as a
committer on
  >jakarta-commons-sandbox, as he's not currently a
Jakarta committer. (Am I
  >following the correct protocol here?).

  I would like to see potential committers appear on
lists and at least say
  "hi" ;) but as he is donating code and you/others
seem to know him +1

  Cheers,

  Pete