Hi Alex !

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Fernández" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: Test classification

> Hi Vincent!
>
> Vincent Massol wrote:
> > Cactus was sitting, so that others would understand better. Also, a goal
> > might be to evolve Cactus into being able to address the 3 needs :
> > "endo-testing", "cactus way with in-container testing" and "functional
> > testing" (not end user test cases which should not be addressed by
Cactus as
> > far as I see it).
>
> So, you're trying to position Cactus as a dev-only tool, right? I think
> that's intelligent, and anyhow consequent with its being derived from
> JUnit.
>
> > Agreed for the responsibility. However, it would be nice to provide them
> > with tools that they could use and be trained with - during their
on-site
> > time.
>
> Yeah, that's right.
>
> > > You might think that it still requires developer interaction, since
the
> > > output file .html should be studied by a human to check that it really
> > > contains the account info. In fact, it does; but only the first time
> > > it's generated. Later, you just check that no exceptions arise -- and
> > > this way you can catch 90% of errors introduced.
> >
> > No, you can also use something like HttpUnit for checking the returned
> > result.
>
> Now, this would be very valuable in certain situations. However, we've
> found that just keeping exceptions out makes your job 90% simpler.
>
> > Now, the real question : What would you want Cactus to do (choosing from
> > categories 1 to 4) ?
>
> Ok, Cactus should do 1 through 3, and 4 should be left out.

Ok. I note your point. Now, the question is how to do that .... ! :)

> > Sorry I don't understand ! What code ? Code headers ?
>
> I sent along some classes, supposed to be mock objects for the servlet
> 2.2 API. I'm resending them, now with the correct package and license,
> to be inserted in org.apache.commons.cactus.mock. They probably need
> some work, and I'm willing to do it once you accept or reject them for
> MockObject testing.

Sorry, I missed that part of your mail. Give me some time to have a look at
it. I have also already tried the SourceForge mockobjects project. It is not
in CVS yet as I am still playing with it ...  I'll have a look at yours.

> Un saludo,
>
> Alex.

Saludo
Vicente.