----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Gold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [cactus]ServletContext

> At 06:45 PM 6/18/2001 +0100, Vincent Massol wrote:
> >There is no choice. Cactus has chosen to use option 2 and *not* option 1.
> >The assumption table was jsut to explain the thought process that led to
> >Cactus' architecture. The architecture is described below.
> >
> >Now, it is really very simple. Have a look at
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cactus/using.html which is really a
> >tutorial that explains how to write test cases. You only need to look at
the
> >architecture part if you want to understand how Cactus works internally.
>
> The one thing that is not clear from this documentation is how you
actually
> run the tests and where you find the results.
> It seems reasonable to assume that you have to deploy your tests as
> servlets and invoke them from a web browser, seeing
> the results displayed there.

Well, you're the first to ask ... :)
No, more seriously, you are right, there is no specific "running the tests"
section although it is mentionned in several other places on the web site.
If I had to write a "Running the Tests" section, I would write :

"Cactus tests are JUnit tests"

And that's it ! As Cactus tests are JUnit tests it means that they are run
like JUnit tests are run, which is the beauty of it. I did not want to
reinvent the wheel ... It also means that any tool (be it graphical or
other) that accept JUnit tests will accept Cactus tests the same ... ! To
answer the question more precisely: As Cactus tests are JUnit tests you
simply run the Cactus tests by starting a JUnit test runner.

I'll add a section at the end of the "Writing TestCase" web page to explain
how to run the tests.

Thanks !
Vincent