Nate Sammons wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this list, and joined because I'm interested in
> contributing.  If people are interested, I'm willing to start
> moving some of the code I've developed for my own OSS project
> over to the jakarta commons project.
>
> What I've developed includes this:
>
>  - object pooling framework
>  - extensions to the pooling framework that implement
>    mutex locks, blocking queues, work queues, and a JDBC
>    connection pool.
>
> I noticed there's a proposal for an object pooling system, and I
> thought I could save you some time.  Right now it's licensed
> under the LGPL, but I'm willing to change that if code moves
> into this project.
>
> Javadoc, source, etc, is available from:
>
>   http://protomatter.sourceforge.net/latest
>
> thanks,

Have you taken a look at what already is here?  In Commons proper, there
is DBCP as well as general pooling, and there is threading in the
sandbox.

We are always open to new and alternate implementations : can you
describe the differences?

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting