Rodney Waldhoff wrote:

> Before that, commit-then-review seems like the precedent.

commit-then-review is OK by me.  After the commit, if it isn't clear that
there isn't consensus (not majority, consensus), then it should be backed
out until consensus is reached.

> Right.  For *released* versions of components.  Stuff that's in
> development is, well, in development.

Doesn't sound like a workable model for commons to me.  Sandbox?
Definitely.  Separate subproject?  Perhaps.  Commons?  I think not.

Hmmm.  I presume that you are referring to the same Dirk that wrote:

> If this is the case I can only say that I'll then must fork the
> HttpClient code, I need a stable/working version... period.

Sounds pretty serious to me.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  this is the reason that I wrote Gump.  I'm not singling anybody out,
I am trying to raise overall awareness.