[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> My StringW class has a a handful of classes that it exclusively uses, and
> a handful of other W classes which it uses some methods in. (W for
> Wrapper, ie) a class that provides static methods for acting on a
> particular java class).
>
> What's your view on this? Should I push all these classes up? just inline
> the code? Ignore methods that have sizeable external dependencies?

Since these other classes aren't used outside of your utility class,
they could becomes static inner classes.  I would be against
introducing a bunch of external dependencies, but if these other
utilities classes you speak of are also rather generic, you could go
ahead and move them over, too.  Let me know if you have any questions.

                                Daniel