"ten" probably means "until" :) So how do I do 2. ? Randomly switch off the master ? Maybe I could test without your modifications (observe the problem) then with (observe the fix) several times, so hopefully there's one time which will be interrupt the com. inside a packet ?
Most importantly: this modifications is aimed to be included in the 0.1 release. Are you confident enough to include it at the last minute ? Is it worth to take the risk ? This is a real question, I don't mean I don't want to include it, it's just up to you. If you decide to include it, you could update the CHANGELOG to talk about this improvement (which IIRC did not exist before, so using jallib really improves i2c com.) Seb 2009/1/2 Joep Suijs <[email protected]> > > Ten end of this week? When would that be? ;) > > I think it is important to test regression: does it still work like it > should. > 2 is quite dificult to repreduce and even within 2 there are multiple > states to recover. We'll learn if the recovery is sufficient along the > way. > But having said that, I'm confident is does. I knew it would be > possible, just did not look into this. And when I spoke to a friend, I > told me about the atmel datasheet. > And with my logic analyser, I could verify my waveform is equal to the > one in the datasheet :) > > Joep > > 2009/1/2, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>: > > I can test this, but probably not before the end of this WE... > > What would be the test scenario ? > > > > 1. make 2 pics talking > > 2. while master is sending a packet, reset it > > 3. make sure after reset, pics can still talk > > > > > > How would I do 2. ? How did you perform this test ? > > > > > > Seb > > > > 2009/1/2 Joep Suijs <[email protected]> > > > > > > > > Hi All, > > > > > > I added some code in i2c software master to clear the i2c bus, > > > regardless the state it is in. This is usefull in cases where the > > > master gets resets, while communicating with a slave. The slave may > > > have been addressed and sending data and that needs recovery. > > > > > > I tested this with an i2c eeprom and seems to work okay in the way it > > > does not cause any problems. Can someone else (Seb?) test this code > > > also to make sure it does not cause any new issue's? > > > > > > I'll intend to add this code for hardware i2c too. > > > > > > Joep > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Sébastien Lelong > > http://www.sirloon.net > > http://sirbot.org > > > > > > > > > > > -- Sébastien Lelong http://www.sirloon.net http://sirbot.org --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
