Hi Seb,

Sebastien Lelong wrote:
> 
> Reading jallist topic about writing the program EEPROM, do you think it
> could be possible to include this lib to jallib ? OK, I may ask in a
> different way: is there anyone who would like to include this lib ? :)

I started to make a library to use program-memory shortly after I 
finished the library for data-memory.  But soon I discovered that there 
are many differences between PICS in the methods of writing  and reading 
program memory. So there had to be a good reason to continue and at that 
time there were a couple of other higher priority tasks for Jallib.

I see several reasons *not* to build such a library, for example:
- the use of program memory as substitute for RAM is discouraged by
   Microchip datasheets (limited number of write cycles)
- not many applications need that much RAM
- there are good alternatives, such as using a bigger PIC
   (e.g. an 18F type) or external RAM
For these (and maybe other) reasons such a library would not become very 
popular, for the Jallib developers a reason to spend their precious time 
to more urgent subjects.

Regards, Rob.

-- 
Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to