On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:30 PM, m...@watty <wattym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 5:45 pm, vasile surducan <vsurdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is not necessary since there is available a calibration register.
>
> That's nice.
>
> You'll want either NPO capacitors, or possibly quality  Pxxx or Nxxx
> depending on temperature coefficient of crystal.
>
> I wonder how you decide what to put in calibration register?

 There is a programable RTCC pin which cand be programmed for 1Hz (or 0.5Hz,
I don't remember exactly) output.
Using a periodmeter this time can be measured accurately and calibration
register incremented or decremented untill the right time is seen. However I
dislike this RTCC as well I dislike the tuning method for zero error clock
using TMR0. Unfortunately I need zero error clock for some time-base.
I think I'll go for a TCXO.