> > ... Then joep's sensor never has the time to complete
> a single conversion, while vasile's has.
> Thought of that too, but I see no reason why the processing
> takes
> significant time in the program that works for Vasi.

I'd have some ideas in spare, you can have some if you (or anyone) wants ;-)

- Are you running at the same clock frequency? If one of you's running at 4 MHz 
and the other at 64MHz, that could make a difference

- ds18b20 tolerances. *Maximum* conversion time is 750ms. From the span of a 
"time slot" (60-120us) you could guess that the internal clock of the device 
can go +/- 50%. So you could assume that there are devices that only take 
maximum 375ms for conversion. Room temperature is about in the middle of the 
measuring range. If a single-slope algorithm is used, I'd say that there are 
devices that have that result after less than 200ms. 

As soon as I have such a ds18b20 I'll use the great stopwatch lib again to find 
out more about conversion times :-)

Greets,
Kiste


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to