Hello all,

For creating the Linux (and MacOS) compiler I am using Virtual Box on my 
Windows machine. Some time ago a did an upgrade of Virtual Box and that 
gave issues. For example I can no longer use the MacOS since it does not 
work anymore. Since the number of MacOS users is limited, and setting up 
this environment for the MacOS took a lot of time, I will not make a new 
MacOS versions of the but will keep the makefile for the MacOS so that 
others can create it.

But the question is about something else. For the Linux compiler I am 
switching to Ubuntu running on my Windows PC using WSL2. This integrates 
better with Windows. The problem is, however, that when I create the Linux 
compiler now, it does not run under Linux Mint since it cannot find a 
library that is dynamically loaded and that version of that library is not 
on my Linux Mint installation.

So I have 2 questions:
1) Did you experience any issues with the Linux compiler, that is, did you 
had to upgrade or install any library to get it running on your machine?
2) I can solve the issue by linking all libraries with the application 
(option -static). This works but this doubles the size of the compiler to 
about 1.3 Mbyte (it is normally around 550 kbytes). I do not think it will 
slow things down but it will prevent any problems mentioned in 1)

BTW. I am not a Linux guru so maybe some of you have other suggestions.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Rob

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jallib/36f87e76-1fd5-46c3-b584-814efcf90906n%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to