Hi,

For a bit on the James list people have mentioned that it is ugly that
phoenix (Avalons Application Server Kernel) doesn't shutdown cleaninly. Pier
has created a generic way to do this for tomcat which is available at
jakarta-tomcat-4.0/service CVS. I suspect it is about a 1hr job to port
phoenix to use that when present. I am crunch mode atm so wont have time in
near future but if someone else had the time ...

Cheers,

Pete