Hi all,

A little introduction:  I am a die-hard java/xml/xslt geek, with 10
years of OO experience, delphi being my language prior to java.  I have
always been handcuffed to the MS platform, and have recently started to
try and remove M$'s hands from my wallet ;-)

I was just involved in a lively discussion on general@jakarta about
JAMES being a possible Exchange competitor.  Having used JAMES over a
year ago, I think that this is possible.  I think that JAMES will be a
winner regardless, but I would like to step up and try to add
collaboration abilities to JAMES in order to be able to replace Exchange
and have all the functionality that Exchange does.

I am not a comitter here, although I am a committer on commons and
alexandria.  I have not looked at the JAMES code completely, nor at the
Avalon code completely.  I intend to start doing this now.

I would like to start looking at the JAMES source and the Avalon source,
and then start contributing patches the the JAMES code to start enabling
groupware functionality.  What do you guys think?

If this is acceptable, I would like to start, and then also create the
necessary plugins to Outlook to make Outlook act as it does, yet use
JAMES on the backend.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Scott Sanders