Well, I tried to implement Tamino XML access, not JDBC. But it's a database
nevertheless.
The problem is not the protocol server. It is the repository implementation.
As it uses classes directly which have constructors for files but nothing
else, quite a few changes in existing code are necessary.

> However another thing to address in the larger James context
> is this - do
> you want
> to have 2 different Repository APIs ?
>
> Maybe a good idea would be to implement NNTP repository block
> on top of
> James mail repository and pick the repository implementation
> that works
> best.

Yes, that is even more favourable, especially if you consider the fact that
when NNTP was defined, being compatible to SMTP mail formats was one of the
goals. So a MailRepository that is fast and slim should serve both use
cases: Mail and News.

> I will unfortunatly not be able to do this anytime soon. :-(

Well, open source - as I understand it - has no defined time ranges. Let's
talk about it. Maybe I can help you implement something. At least I'm
willing to do so.

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
SAG Systemhaus GmbH