Peter M. Goldstein wrote:

>All,
>
>Apologies for the cross-post folks - this was supposed to go to
>james-dev, not james-user.
>
>--Peter

+1

>2) All public and protected classes, methods, and variables need to be
>documented using Javadoc style to ensure appropriate Javadoc

+1

>3) The Javadoc should build without warnings

+1

>4) All packages should have package documentation

+36365

>External Documentation
>
>1) Write up specific documentation addressing the top 5 issues listed on
>the TODO list
>2) Start building an organized James "manual" with common
>configurations.

This is something I've been thinging about with respect to the Merlin
based deployment.  In Merlin you can create preconfigured profiles for
components and in some case totally eliminate the need for user provided
configuration.  In addition in Merlin you can seperate configuration
defaults for a particular type from the configuration, context, and
logging profile.

>Avalon
>
>1) Migrate all Composable to Serviceable

+1

>2) Deal with the Mailet API implications by creating a ComponentManager
>wrapper for the ServiceManager.  Note this in documentation, with the
>understanding that we'll be deprecating.

Can you expand on the issues here - keeping in mind that I don't knw
anything about the Mailet API (at least not yet).

>3) Change code so that it doesn't use the TimeScheduler
>
>Enhancements / Bug Fixes
>
>1) Include Andrei's changes to address connection handler
>performance/robustness issues.
>2) Bugs #2288, #4003, #6812, #6928, #8581, #8839, #8861, #9669, #11243,
>#11640.
>3) Address the as of yet unfiled bug about sending emails to an IP
>address.
>4) New bugs will be evaluated on a case by case basis as they are filed.
>
>Thoughts?

And - get in place documentation of the dependecies - componet
interdepdencies, component implementation versions, servce versions, jar
file extension depedences (including specification and implementation
versions).

Cheers, Steve.

>--Peter
>

>--