Noel,

> > 1) IMAP - I think this one is going to be on most people's list.
>
> It may be on everyone's list, but I would not trust it for
> the release.  It isn't ready, and I would not want to hold up
> the release.
>
> We can always put out a post-2.1 beta with IMAP included, but
> I would not hold up a stable SMTP/POP release waiting on IMAP.

Currently I'm only bugfixing the current release of James-IMAP. I think,
we could set a deadline for the release, so I can tell you, when I'm
finished with my first work to get it into the main trunk. I think, we
are on a good way to get it stable.
Nevertheless there will be some cases, what I do not want to fix for the
"release" of IMAP:
- You have to choose, if you want to use POP or IMAP. To implement a
Store for both protocolls will take some time.
- I want to use the current implementation of the Store. Next Versions
of IMAP will get another format of the stored files. Right now we are
saving the data as serialized objects, this will be in the next future a
plain XML file.

It is necessary to inform the users about this caes. Also it would be a
lot of work to write a "converter" between the old and the new
Store-mechanism.

Regards,
Sascha