----- Original Message -----
From: "Serge Knystautas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Harmeet Bedi wrote:
> > What did this checkin have to do with scheduler etc ?
>
> You've said this about 4 times already today, and I wish you wouldn't
> anymore.

Sorry about the repetition. Didn't realize I said it so often.

I have been mystified by the coupling.

> This is a meritocracy, and we've
> got to support that as much as possible.

Not coupling 5 things together actually tends to increase support.

It is a bit distracting to start reviewing some changes and have other
completely unrelated parts break under you.

> I'd hate to be in a situation
> where contributors and committers have to waste time discussing minor
> points before fixing code.

I'd hate the situation too.

For me at least
- NNTP stores were not where I expected them to be.
- NNTP protocol server was not working at all.
- I was trying to review watchdog changes.
- There were significant code changes that had nothing to do with proposal
that I was spending time trying to understand.

So as I found issues, posted snippets

Harmeet