From: Danny Angus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 6:56
To: James Users List
Subject: RE: fault tolerance of smtp server and mailets

Apart from this instance I've never heard a demand for such strict control,
so I don't generally think it would be worthwhile.

Making the call to change the status actually carry out the writes might be
worth considering, perhaps it should be a method called on the context like
container.setState(this, mail.GHOST) as I think we both agree that the
de-coupling opens a "window of opportunity", to quote a popular military
phrase.