------ Forwarded Message
> From: Rodent of Unusual Size <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:32:55 -0500
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Problem with font size on James website and documentation
>
> this brings up a very very valid point.  our sites need to be concerned
> with accessibility.
>
> acked.
> --
> #ken    P-)}
>
> Ken Coar, Sanagendamgagwedweinini  http://Golux.Com/coar/
>
> "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

------ End of Forwarded Message

--- Begin Message ---
Webmaster: could you please forward this to the person who maintains the
James web site and documentation?  I couldn't find the address.  Thanks.

Hi.

I just wanted to point out that I cannot read the James web site nor can I
read the James documentation.  The reason is that in your style sheet you
are using hard-coded font sizes rather than using relative declarations
such as:

font-size: 1.0em
font-size: 100%
font-size: x-small

Please consider using these instead of pixels or points.  The reason is
that I have poor vision.  Therefore, I have to set the default font size
in my browser to 20 points.  Since your style sheet doesn't respect that I
quite literally cannot read much of anything in your documentation or web
site.  It's simply too small.  This could be a big usability issue for
other people, too.  Jakob Nielsen even listed this as one of the top web
design mistakes of 2002 (see #4:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20021223.html)

I hope you'll consider changing your style sheet so that your web site and
documentation will be accessible to all users, not just those users with
perfect eyesight.

Thanks for your time.

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com

--- End Message ---