> > I'm just not sure what, if anything, to take away from your
> > comments regarding what we need to do in terms of James
> > v3 design and implementation.

> 1. stop being paranoid about dependencies
> 2. think about users and what they want
> 3. containers are about delivering value to users
> 4. there is a lot of scope that we can deal with
> 5. most of that scope is a container concern
> 6. if the spec if good then containment solution will be transparent
> 7. transparence isn't so easy
> 8. I'm willing and able to contribute to the work
> 9. just wanted to have more than eight points

I'm not sure what point(s) you're making, in the context of James.  This
isn't a discussion about an Avalon container.  We have domain specific needs
regarding a user data model and message storage model.  Those are key
services provided to the protocol handlers, matchers and mailets.  And
those, in turn, implement the messaging server.

I don't care which container we're operating in.  And people seem fairly
firm regarding a Mailet API that works well within an Avalon container, but
is not tied to requiring one.

        --- Noel