From: Danny Angus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 8:13
To: James Developers List
Subject: RE: Download jars instead of keeping in CVS?

I agree.
James, as an end-user product, is not necessarily going to be downloaded by
people who have any idea about jars. They will expect James to run
out-of-the box.

Therefore we have to bundle all dependance jars with James, therfore why not
maintain a repository with the correct versions, and if that repository is
cvs it too can benefit from the same version control.

I know binaries in CVS is officially frowned upon, but I dont care, for us
it makes sense (of a sort).

An alternative is to produce lite versions of distributions which save on
downloads by not including common jars.

d.