Noel J. Bergman wrote:
Serge,

According to Alex's messages, he has spoken with Bill and there seems to be
some willingness to address whatever issues Alex raised.  We'll have to
await details from Alex on those issues.

In any event, my point about migration is simple.  We won't preserve two
implementations of the mail repository for the interim.  But during initial
development, we don't have to change the spool implementation, and we really
don't need to change the ToRepository mailet, which is used to dump spam and
error in the stock configuration.  At the beginning, the only things that we
HAVE to change are the LocalDelivery and POP3 handler components.

  1. Change LocalDelivery and POP3 to use JavaMail stores.
     Use one of the existing JavaMail stores.
  2. Test, tweak, test again.
  3. Change ToRepository Mailet
  4. After the spooler is replaced, we can remove the current
     mail repository interface.  As I understand it, we also
     convert our implementations to JavaMail stores.

This incremental development is intended to make sure that we have a working
server throughout the entire process.
Right, so basically just removing (and/or making abstract) the MailRepository interface, removing the definitions of MailRepository URLs in config.xml, and then fixing everything that uses that directly. I'm a bit leary we're missing something, but sounds like a plan.

--
Serge Knystautas
President