From: Danny Angus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 14:01
To: James Developers List
Subject: RE: Message-ID bug

> The following seems to provide user control over Message-ID generation:
>
> http://www.magelang.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=516514

Yes it does Noel, but it won't work if writeTo() calls saveChanges() AND we need to
create message id's where noe exist, OR we want ot create new message ID's for cloned
messages.

making people working with MimeMessage have to call saveChanges() is part of the Java
Mail API, if there were no issues I'd have no problem with us taking that
responsibility over (In MimeMessageWrapper which extends MimeMessage), but there are
at least this one significant issue, and I think we have to back this code out in
order to support MimeMessage correctly. Or document a different approach to message id
generation.

d.