Hi everyone:

The James HEAD is now updated to include the following changes:

1. transition from ComponentManager to ServiceManager
2. update to use the CR cornerstone packages (see lib/candidates)

I started off with a seperate buildfile (james.xml and related properties file james.properties) and its working fine. I've also updated the standard buildfile so that it includes the cornerstone candidate jars.

Here is a summary of results under the Merlin and Phoenix containers:

MERLIN: test completes sucessfully - however I'm seeing a
ConcurrentModificationException caused by the excalibur-thread-1.1
package (have already posted info on this to Avalon Dev). Aside
from that - everyting is working properly. If you want to do the
same thing - please read the README.txt in the /tests directory.

PHOENIX: out of the box deployment isn't possible due to a conflict
related to excalibur-1.0 versus 1.1. The solution is to upgrade
Phoneix to 1.1 (both in terms of building and libraries). Presumably
this will occur once we have excalibur-thread-1.1 released, however,
there appears to be another problem in that even though I've included
1.1 in the James lib (sar file), the Phoenix version is being used.
I've posted a note on this to Avalon Dev as well.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]