Harmeet,

> Phoenix has been James' container, and would like to avoid different
> containers unless of course the Avalon folks recommend that James
> should use one container over other.

James is an Avalon application.  It should not matter which container we
use.  In point of fact, none of the containers, Phoenix included, will
survive their next development cycle.  They are going to redevelop a new
scalable container.

As for sticking with one container, we may distribute with Phoenix, but it
should not preclude someone from building it to work with Merlin or other
suitable container.  It certainly occurs to me that in some model of
deployment, being able to use Merlin to deploy, for example, an array of
processors (e.g., to provide massively scalable RemoteDelivery processing)
might be rather handy.

In any event, Stephen is not just doing Merlin; he's doing all of the Avalon
updating.

        --- Noel