From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 22:18
To: James Developers List
Subject: Phoenix updates complete

Hi everyone:

Have just updated the buildfile with some changes to the prepare-phoenix
task.  These changes include the following:

  1. ensures that excalibur-thread-1.1 is placed in the phoenix/lib
     directory instead of the 1.0 version
  2. ensures that ecalibur-pool-1.2 is placed in the phoenix/lib
     directory (required by thread 1.1) instead of 1.0
  3. adds the commons-collections-2.1 jar to phoenix/lib (required
     by pool 2.1)

The changes to thread 1.0 -> 1.1 include the bug fix concernign the max
pool parameter.  The 1.1 version introduces the dependency on pool 1.2
which in turn has been recently updated with the replacement of the
depricated excalibur-collections with commons-collections library.  All
of the above are on the Avalon Considated Release schedule so we should
be able to lock onto released content reasonably soon.

I've tested all of the above and everything is working fine.

I also updated the formatting in the buildfile to make it easier to read
and shifted property declarations into default.properties (hope that's
ok).  Based on these changes - the build file I was using is now
redundant (james.xml and james.properties), however, I suggest we leave
it there until I've cleaned up the test build file.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]