Chris,

> I think it would also be nice to be able to change the order
> of the mailets,

Changing the order of a mailet could be achieved by removing it them adding
it elsewhere.

> and change the "criteria" for a mailet's matcher.

That's modify.

In a future dreamworld, there would be a graphical display of the mailet
chain within which mailets could be added from a palet of available mailets
and existing mailets could be deleted or their parameters modified.

> What about a "test" mode so that changes could be
> validated/tested before
> being put on-line?

I've no idea how this might be achieved on a 'live' server. Any ideas?

I would want to have fully tested the changes I was about to introduce
within a test environment prior to dynamically updating a live production
server. I would be using dynamic reconfiguration to avoid an outage.

In a test environment I don't care what I break!

When something does break, it would be good to be able to revert to a
previous configuration, rather than the whole thing come crashing down. This
implies keeping a configuration history.

-- Steve