On Thursday 26 June 2003 13:38, Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini wrote:
> > Really good!
> >
> > I would add another matcher:
> >
> > <mailet match="HasMailAttributeValue=hmm=bla" class="Null"/>
> >
> > and/or
> >
> > <mailet
> > match="HasMailAttributeValueRegex=hmm=<aRegularExpression>" class="..."/>
> >
> > Vincenzo
>
> I will write someday:
>
>       <mailet match="HasHeaderValue=<aHeaderName>=<aHeaderValue>" class="..."/>
>
> and/or:
>
>       <mailet match="HasHeaderValueRegex=<aHeaderName>=<aRegularExpression>"
> class="..."/>
>
> and already wrote and committed:
>
>       <mailet match="CompareNumericHeaderValue=<aHeaderName>
> <comparisonOperator> <aNumericValue>" class="..."/>
>
> and both
>
>       <mailet match="HasHeader=<aHeaderName>" class="..."/>
>
>       <mailet match="..." class="AddHeader"/>
>
> already exist.
>
> Together with your mailets and your Mail Attributes support, we would have
> two complementary sets of matchers and mailets, one for attributes that
> live only inside james, and the other that follows the message also
> outside.
>
> Perhaps for consistency with header related matchers and mailets your
> classes should be named SetAttribute, HasAttribute etc. instead of
> SetMailAttribute, HasMailAttribute etc, as it is clear that a <mailet>
> entry deals with Mail objects.
>
> What do you think?

The reason for this naming convention is, that I was afraid users could think
that a SetAttribute would set the attribute on the Mailet instance (the
MailetContext) and not on the Mail instance, mainly because MailetContext has
had attributes longer.

--Søren
--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager             Phone:  +45 70 27 64 00