it would be useful, but what language header do you think about? Is this in
a new RFC (new for me, at least :-) ) or is it an internal convention?

I don't know.. X-Accept-Language?

Thinking about this some more, I'm wondering if instead of tying it
to bundles or XML resources, just reference one of the new attributes
that are coming in 2.2.  This would enable the mailet developer to
populate attributes in an early mailet and then refer to them in
subsequent parameter definitions..  This is more flexible because the
mailet developer could determine what/how he would like the attributes
to be set.

Jim