"Reeves, Paul" wrote:

> What kind of help is that message!

Which one? Mine?
Well, in order to get your mail out, James' spam setting should include
your internal network number. In my case, it is 192.168.1.*. Without it,
you'll only be able to use James locally (ie: on the particular server
you run the James on).

>I too get a similar problem with JAMES in
> that after
> some time of normal correct working, my mails silently appear in the error
> folder!
> When i try to telnet to JAMES i get do response and the dos window running
> the
> batch file displays a numberformat exception.

It would be useful to post the exception here.

BTW, it seems that James is running well right now on my system; the
only problem is the "leave on server" setting on the mail clients (when
the messages are in the thousands, the time to get the message list
exceeds the time out allowed by POP).

Oki