Hi all,

I am really new to this all, so please forgive me.  I really would
appreciate some guidance.  I am eager to learn.  I have read most of the
previously posted messages, but none of them really address my question
directly, or then I just don't understand them).  Here it is:

I am working on a utility in Java.  I would like to add an SMTP engine to it
so I can send out email messages from my utility without having to rely on
any local clients.  The goal is to keep the utility fairly
platform-independent.

Would James be a suitable tool for that?  I only want to send messages, by
the way.

Thanks for any pointers.

- Stefan