Hi Stephan,

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-james/proposals/rmi-remotemanager/java/org/apache/james/

 > but i cant even build the program (cant find the missing files like
 > services/UsersRepository.java and other classes. were some of the
 > classes used renamed? pls help.

To build the '/proposals/rmi-remotemanager' you must remove the
following files:
proposals/rmi-remotemanager/java/org/apache/james/core/AvalonUsersStore.java
proposals/rmi-remotemanager/java/org/apache/james/services/UsersStore.java

You have to update the james-config.xml and james-assembly.xml files in
the proposals/rmi-remotemanger/config directory. The easies way is,
first to rename the files in the directory
proposals/rmi-remotemanager/config and copy the files from the
src/config into the proposals/rmi-remotemanager/config. afterwards you
have to copy the <rmiremotemanager> block from the renamed
james-config.xml to the copied james-config.xml. The same with the
james-assembly.xml files!

to build james with rmiremotemanger:
go to the jakarta-james directory an enter
build -buildfile proposals\rmi-remotemanager\build.xml

I hope this works for you!

How to use it, take a look into proposals/rmi-remotemanger/README

 > 2nd question :
 >   the user admin thru telnet (port 4555) is diff from user admin on
 >   mailing list right?
 >
 > 3rd question :
 >   can i have more than 1 mailing list?

Should work!
add more repositories in the block <users-store> in the james-config.xml.

Cheers,

Buchi

 > ps. the remote admin thru telnet requires 5 to 6 times
 > log in before i get in. why is that?
 > thanks in advance!
 >
 > regards,
 >
 > Stephen