send timeout: DNS A not MX record

<rt>

<greeting>Please forgive me if this has already been addressed, I have
been through every james-mailing-list and faq i could find with no resolution.
I have upgraded my James to version 2.0a2. With this upgrade I am able
to send mail for the first time since I started using James, more than
a year ago.
</greeting>

<message>
I believe that I am able to send mail to hosts who's MX record indicates
the same name
as the A name record Only.

James sends mail to some hosts, and finds that the socket is slow
opening, times out. Perhaps James is not talking to the correct host.

Looking in the Mailet.log I find that when trying to send mail to hotmail.com,
the log reads as if james is talking, or trying to talk to  "hotmail.com".
James should not be talking to "hotmail.com", as the MX record for this
domain indicates somthing else is supposed to handle this mail; "mx11.hotmail.com",
or "mx12.hotmail.com" etc. (15 names, starting mx01 ending mx15).

James finds that SMTP port 25 does not open at hotmail.com and aborts
the sending behavior.  Same thing for any big email provider.

Is James really trying to send mail to the A name record or is there
something else I should look for?

Is this a problem that I can resolve with my own DNS? My james configuration?

Much obliged,
Jesse Fabian

</message>

Jesse Forrest Fabian