Sorry for the confusion regarding Yahoo.com. I realised that they still use
a non-valid command which is removed from RFC 1939 standard and it uses UIDL
instead. Is it still possible for Apache-james-dev team to reinstate to
cater for old style POP3 servers? And if so, when will this command be
released?

Now, turning into another vital command, as far as I'm concered, I noticed
that James does not implement the APOP command for POP3 server as stated in
RFC1939 standard (see URL
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc1939.html). I'm surprised that
Apache hasn't considered implementing this command as it's vital in today's
society. APOP command is an authentication protocol which hides user pass
credentials when connecting to POP3 servers to download new messages. As
opposed this method with USER/PASS exchange it allows for any prospective
hacker to gain access to the USER/PASS command packets over a network
connection which exposes the USER/PASS credentials in cleartext format which
is highly dangerous! APOP on the other hand hides these details and achieves
through encryption.

Will apache consider implementing APOP command and incorporate into James's
POP3 server? And if so, when will this be released to the community?

I would appreciate feedback on this as I would classify this requirement as
extremely high as the likelihood of clients connecting to POP3 servers over
the network nowadays is very probable.

Thanks in advance.

Sam.