I have the following questions regarding James :

i) Suppose Jame's smtp server is midway in swallowing an email and I pull the plug on the machine, what will happen ?

ii) When a mailet's service method gets called, is the mail read from the spool file ?

iii) If a mailet's service method is midway in execution and I pull the
plug, what happens ?

In general, how can one achieve guaranteed "once and only once" email receival with James ?

Suppose I have the following email pipeline, and I want the guarantee that : "if an email makes it's way to the smtp middleman, it will eventually result in one execution of myMailet's service method." :

EMailCLient---> smtpd(sendmail?)--->james(SMTP->james-spool)->myMailet

Should I configure sendmail to retry upon failure (lets say, retry up to 5 times with a 10 minute sleep in between) ?