Randy,

I was afraid that you'd get that answer.  From what I have read on qmail's
archives, they don't think too highly of the folks at Stalker software.

If you put localhost back into the servernames set, it should allow these
e-mails to be processed.

Danny wrote:
> I've come across at least one SMTP<->ARPA gateway which didn't,
> citing the rfc's recommendation that literals only ever be
> used as a temporary measure as a reason for not supporting them.

AFAIK, RFC 2821 is the most recent that would effect that functionality.
Section 4.1.3 says "Sometimes a host is not known to the domain name system
and communication (and, in particular, communication to report and repair
the error) is blocked.  To bypass this barrier a special literal form of the
address is allowed as an alternative to a domain name."

In any event, the MTA is delivering the e-mail based upon the
address-literal, so they are partially honoring it.  The problem is that
they are also corrupting the address by removing the address-literal.

        --- Noel