bill -

nice work with the gateway matcherpairs btw - i set up a
variation of it last night ...

but it seems that the original inquery was to ensure beyond
doubt that a particular sender is authorized to send mail.
althoug your gateway more or less can ensure that the mail
originated from a network, it can't really ensure that the
sender actually has the authority to send.

this goes towards role based certs an dwhatnot, but a simple
acl can be used in conjunction with a custom MatcherPair to
validate the mails going out ...