Disha,

I think you're mistaken.  a) because I do exactly what you say does not
work and b) because I know Phoenix adds all the jars in SAR-INF/lib to
the classpath.  It may be that you had some classes loaded from a
location further down the ClassLoader hierarchy and these will
definitely not be able load classes from SAR-INF/lib.

Regards
Steve