From: Kenny Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 14:03
To: James Users List
Subject: Re: Anyone had problems with SMTP-AUTH and Netscape/Mozilla?

Hi Noel,

This is what I'm seeing...

S: 220 samaritech.net SMTP Server (JAMES SMTP Server 2.1) ready Fri, 28
Feb 2003 10:55:37 -0800 (PST)

C: EHLO journalscape.com

S: 250-samaritech.net Hello journalscape.com (63.149.241.217
[63.149.241.217])
250 AUTH LOGIN PLAIN

C: MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

S: 250 Sender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> OK

C: RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

S: 530 Authentication Required

It looks like James is sending "250 AUTH LOGIN PLAIN" and Netscape is
simply not responding.

Kenny

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

Suddenly though, I find that Netscape and Mozilla's
mail readers refuse to send smtp-auth information.

Kenny,

Is this a change in behavior? There was a change made to send:

250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250 AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN

Are you seeing both? Is that causing a problem?

--- Noel