From: Zeldes, Rick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 17:02
To: 'James Users List'
Subject: RE: How do I Implement a Proprietary User and Data Store

Noel,

The Application / Data-Store  I am talking about is a legacy - very large
EDI transport engine (thousands of connected nodes). We are attempting to
add an SMTP transport to the existing product. The product behaves very much
like a mail system - users authenticate and send EDI documents to other
trading partners on the system (these may in fact be anywhere in our network
- we do the store and forward internally) - and retrieve EDI documents from
their mailbox.