actually, the problem has nothing to do with james or iaik: it's due to
javamail:
there is the bug
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4403733.html
whose state is "in progress" (since Jan 10, 2001).
The problem seems to be the handling of the content in a multipart message,
and the suggested workaroud doesn't seem to work.
How can a James user handle the multipart?
Have you got any news about that bug?
thanks a lot
Marcello