If you're translating it to english, then "You ni" is
used best as "in order to", "in a way such that".
"Tame ni" is similar, but indicates a purpose or a
plan (i.e. "for the purpose of").
For example (quite basic sentences),
Kanji ga takusan yomeru you ni, mainichi benkyou
shiteimasu ("I'm studying everyday so that I can read
lots of kanji")
Nihon de shuushoku suru tame ni, kono hon wo
kaimashita ("I bought this book for the purpose of
working in Japan")
Yaseru tame ni, jimu ni itteimasu ("I'm going to the
gym to (for the purpose of) lose (losing) weight")
In this sentence you could also use you ni, but it
sounds a little strange. I also asked my Japanese
friends about the first one and they said you could
even say ... Kanji ga yomeru you ni naru tame ni,
mainichi benkyou shiteimasu (if you directly translate
it to english, it sounds strange, but "I'm studying
everyday for the purpose of becoming such that I can
read kanji")
Mark
--- "aadi.sm55" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Konnichiwa Minasan!
>
> I have lots of confusion in "you ni" and "tame ni"
> sentence patterns.
> Pls help me in this topic.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/