--- In [email protected], Aaron Ackerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:

> I would say it functions as a noun, not a particle.
> 
> Aaron>

Hmm. You're right about that. "Mama" takes "ni" and other particles the 
way that a normal noun does. "Sono mama ni shite" vs. "Zankoku ni 
koroshite". Of course, "zankoku" is a noun meaning "cruelty" 
or "brutality", and "ni" turns it into an adjective. So, yes, "mama" is 
a noun.

Now, in what situations is "mama" used? I may be wrong just to say it 
implies the meaning of "as is".

- Arian I.




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to