Amari can be used in two different ways that I am aware of : as a noun, meaning 
leftovers, or as an adjective modifier meaning "not so much" or "not really".
Kino no amari - leftovers from yesterday
amari tabetakunai - I don't really want to eat.

I've never heard of ageku. I'd be interested to know more about it myself. Can 
you provide any more details about the ~ageku pattern? Where did you see it?  

-----Original Message-----
From: Amol Dandekar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 04:40:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Japanese_Language] Difference between ageku and amari

Hi!

I was just confused about the difference between ~~ageku and ~~amari grammar 
patterns. Can you please help me?

Regards,
Amol.

       
---------------------------------
Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links








 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Japanese_Language/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to