Moses DeJong wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Chris Toshok wrote:

> > > I've tried building NSPR before, and found it very painful.  It used
> > > some type of homebrew configure/build system that was not based on
> > > automake/autoconf and which involved very wierd directory structures
> > > and tons of symbolic links.  Has the install process been improved at all?
>
> I tried to build NSPR on an IRIX system with no luck. There is a very
> strange series of steps needed to get NSPR to compile on this and I am
> sure other systems (see http://www.mozilla.org/unix/irix.html). NSPR
> seems to work fine on "supported" systems (like Win, Mac, and Linux)
> but others seem to be out in the cold.

well, it works fine out of the box on other systems (i build it on FreeBSD all
the time, for instance).  The IRIX instructions are a bit long (requiring the
native compiler for nspr and not for the rest of mozilla.)  We could also provide
tarred up prebuilt versions of nspr for platforms (any platform we "support") on
ftp.japhar.org.

Chris